CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 1, 2011

My Freckles

So I've decided that if I want to improve my self image/confidence then I need to find things about myself that I like instead of things I don't like. I'm going to try to post something everyday. Whether it's something about my body or something about my personality, I'm going to find things that I love!
I'm starting today which is now officially the 2nd but this post is for the 1st. I decided to start with my freckles because I used to love them when I was younger but for the last little while, I've had a love/hate relationship with them. I'm almost identical to my mother and I have been since I was born. Being that my mom grew up as a redhead with freckles as well, she instilled in me from a very young age that freckles are beautiful. She used to tell me that they were angel kisses :) When kids would tease me about them when I was younger, I'd reply "They are angel kisses and since I have so many, it means the angels love me more!" Lately I've been beginning to forget about that.

You see all these pictures everywhere of women with perfect, flawless skin. No freckles, no zits, no moles (unless you're Cindy Crawford of course). When I've attempted doing my make-up lately, I've been trying to cover my freckles so that I could look like these women. Of course I'm not very good at covering them since I'm no professional make-up artist but still. I remembered today though that my freckles make me unique. Sure most everyone has a few freckles here and there but there aren't many people in the world with tons of freckles, especially on their faces.

While I've always preferred a natural (no makeup) look to a full face of make-up. I've realized today that I can still wear make-up in a natural way that still shows my freckles and helps to remind me that I'm beautiful in my own unique way. Now just to get clear skin without any zits so that I can show off my awesome freckles!!!!
My beautiful freckles in all their glory!

1 comment:

  1. Emily, you have beautiful freckles, and beautiful red hair. Red hair isn't common, and a lot of the red hair I've seen is more of a scary orange than a deep, beautiful color... and chick, you've got that beautiful color! You are absolutely beautiful, and I know that not only your husband finds you absolutely gorgeous, but many other people do as well. You have attributes that most people only WISH they had, so keep going strong. The hardest part about losing the weight is saying no to the food (at least that's how it was for me), but pray for the Lord's assistance and I know that He will give it to you! We've all got your back, you are an inspiration, and we appreciate your example. Getting healthy is incredible. It took myself a long time to do it, and I know the struggles that come with it, but don't get down when those hit you. You can do this and you WILL. I don't doubt you will! Keep going strong, Emily!

    ReplyDelete