CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Cherry On Top

I don't really feel like loving myself today but I figured I'd better post anyway since I said I would and I need to remind myself about things that I like about myself. Most all of you know, and if you don't......you must have been living under a rock the past 20 years, that I am a natural born redhead. I love being a redhead so much! I'm always getting compliments about my hair and people are always telling me they wish they had my color. I like growing my hair out and donating it because I know how many people like my hair so I figure someone would like a wig out of it, right?

My mother is a gorgeous redhead so I have her to thank for my beautiful hair. I love the way it has a slight golden spark to it in the sunlight. I love the way it looks when I wear a green shirt. I love the way it goes along with my freckles :) But most of all, above anything else, I love that my hair makes me unique. There aren't a lot of natural redheads out there, most are dyed. I'm glad those people want to have my outstanding coloring but nothing beats the real thing! Just for fun, here are some facts about redheads:

  • Professor Jonathan Rees conducted a study of redheads at Edinburgh University.He identified the"gene for red hair" the melanocortin 1 receptor (MC1R), found on the 16th chromosome. He found that this single gene was responsible for red hair.
  • Red hair is a genetic mutation
  • The highest percentage of natural redheads in the world is in Scotland (13%), followed closely by Ireland with 10%. In the US, about 2% of the population are natural redheads     

Just thought I'd share those with you so that you may too learn to love redheads as much as I do!



"Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead."
                          Lucille Ball

3 comments:

  1. You are so cute and amazing. :) I look forward to your positive posts! You inspire not only those working towards weight-loss goals, but those who are seeking some self-esteem. Keep up the good work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love redheads so much that I married one and have a son with red hair. :)

    ReplyDelete