CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Well what should have been Day One.....

Okay so today should have been Day One...or well Day Two if I'm thinking correctly but either way, here I am again. I was fully intending on getting things started this week with working out and such but alas, my "friend" decided to visit and decided to bring death cramps with her. So needless to say, I've been laying around for the past two days, trying to fight the pain and not act like a total brat towards my husband. I did however decide a few things.

First: I decided that I needed a song each month to deal with each different thing that I'm trying to improve. Since the biggest thing I'm trying to fix besides my weight is my self image, or self confidence, the song I've picked for now is Whitney Houston's "Greatest Love Of All." Sounds totally cheesy I know, but the chorus just really gets to me.

 "I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all"
See how it fits with me learning to love myself? Yeah I thought it was pretty clever if I do say so myself. So for this month, whenever I'm feeling down and need a pick me up, I'll listen to this song. I'm hoping it works out because as of right now, it's just a theory untested.

Second: I've always heard women say that to make themselves feel better after a tough day, or in order to face a tough day, they make sure they are wearing make-up. Now knowing me, this isn't going to be easy for me. I don't like to take a lot of time worrying about what I look like but I think that's part of the problem. I can't expect my husband to tell me I look pretty when I am lounging around in his pajamas, my hair pulled up in a pony tail, and my face looking same old same old. Well actually he SHOULD tell me I look pretty even then, and he does, but I know he likes it when I put in a little effort. So for the past two days, I've attempted to put make-up on before leaving the house. Yesterday I think I did pretty well, I even put on eye liner, which is saying a lot! Today I didn't feel like doing much but I at least tried a little. I put on moisterizer, foundation, some cover up, and some mascara. I may not look as spiffed up as yesterday but at least it made me feel a little bit prettier than normal.

Third: I recommend that everyone should read Carmen Electra's "How To Be Sexy." It's got good tips and advice in there and while many women (myself included) think it's IMPOSSIBLE to be as sexy as she is, this book shows that with a little work and some practice it IS possible. I may never look like Carmen but I can act like her....just not as slutty and all. Not to say she is slutty, just I won't be taking my clothes off  or wearing revealing clothes in public, just saying.

I know I still have a long way to go and that already it's starting out to be harder than I though but I'm going to get through it and I'm going to succeed with everything that I want! Let's see what tomorrow brings :)

1 comment:

  1. your blog is way cute!!! I'm going to jump on board with you. GOOD LUCK and P.S. YOU ARE ALREADY ONE CUTE GIRL.

    ReplyDelete