CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 1, 2011

I might be back....

Alright I've been MIA for a while and in my last post, I mention that my blog might have died. However, I still log in every day and read others blogs and I'm seeing everyone making changes around me yet I'm not going anywhere. That's not okay with me.

Lately the weirdest thing has been happening to me. My legs feel like they need to run. I HATE RUNNING!!!!! It's not even funny how much I hate running yet everyone tells me I should get into it because it's a good way to jump start weight loss and see results. So since my legs have been craving it, I caved and bought an app on my ipod touch. It's a Couch to 5K thing that goes for 9 weeks and at the end of it, you're supposed to be able to run......well obviously, a 5K. I haven't started it yet but I'm kind of excited. I need to get some shoes first and a better sports bra. A big girl like me has bigger....assets that need to be supported :)

I'm not sure how I feel about taking on this venture but I'm going to try. I think part of the reason I hate running so much is because I'm so out of shape. Honestly I think that's the biggest reason. I mean, aside from the awful pain I get whenever I run of course. Also, I don't breathe very well when I run, courtesy of a semi-blocked sinus passage. I think the biggest problem I'm going to have with this is that I'm lazy. I like to sleep, I like to relax, watch t.v, surf the internet. I just plain don't like to work out or put my body through pain. I know that's the reason I'm so big, besides all the crap I eat as well.

So once I get my shoes and bra, I'm going to try the first week of the program. I'll get back to you soon to let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. Couch to 5k programs are awesome! Keep doing it! It feels so good when you finally finish the 5k :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it!!! When I started week one I was huffing and puffing!! I never thot Id be able to run (well jog) for 30 mins without stopping. I still huff an puff, but Im enjoying it!! One day I almost gave up. I was at the gym and there was a skinny little thing beside me and she was walking faster than I was jogging.!! I kept talking to myself and now Im so thankful I pushed myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang girl, props to you for going with the urge to run!! That's so exciting! I think once you get into it, you'll get better at it and will then enjoy it more. I know, ideal situation, right? Way cool though. Never give up, you're going to meet your goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, follow your urge and rock it out! Run your @$$ off! ;)

    ReplyDelete